Pages

Oct 2, 2013

what if

via tumblr
some nights, i think very deep thoughts. tonight's one of those. i'm just thinking, you know, what if i never accomplish what i want in my life? what if i never get married? what if i die still young? what if i become socially awkward? what if my eyes forever stay small? what if my freckles never go away? what if someone eats the last bit of double chocolate ice cream in the freezer?

-but also more deeper thoughts, like-

what if God had never predestined me? what if i was still lost in darkness? what would it to be constantly depressed? what it be like to never know the true Light? what if i didn't exist? what if i was born in another country, in another family? who am i? what am going to do with my future?


i don't have all the answers yet. but i feel safer knowing that i'm not in control of my life's story. He is. i don't need to know all the answers. all i need to know is that He came down for me, and loves me with so much passion that He would agree to exchange His life for mine, on that beautifully dreadful day. that's why i owe Him so much, and He can take my life and use it for His glory.

2 comments

  1. Love this, Elizabeth! I know I have thoughts like this, and it's so comforting to know that I'm not in control (if I was, it would be a very messy sight and I dont even want to know).

    xo,
    rn
    www.rachelnicoleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps- i posted the linkup for the challenge on my blog last night!

      Delete

leave a kind thought (or two)